Tried to have a snooze yesterday afternoon, but couldn't manage it, so by the time I got back from work at 6:30am this morning I'd been up 24hrs and was KNACKERED!!!
I've noticed it's getting lighter in the mornings now...must get that film project done soon!!
Going back to work last night was kinda weird...I fell asleep more than once after 4am lol... Jui-ehh!! continued our random conversations...nothing really had changed...
Diane and I compared our experiences with the same hairdye, talked about the usual crap at lunch...Jui-ehh!! and I had a very long chat which began with discussing chickens... How they continue to run when their heads have been chopped off, and (my great grandmother, who used to live on a farm told me this) that they attempt to fly for a metre or two after beheading...with arterial blood spurting everywhere...
This 'chicken beheading' conversation turned its way to guillotenes...and some material I had read which suggested that the head of the executed person is able to scream silently (no lungs attached, naturally) and look about for 3 minutes or so after actual beheading...
I wonder what the Aristocracy were thinking when they looked up from the basket...
"That's my body up there!" "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!" (silently)
We got quite into this conversation...trying to visualise what it would have been like... And then began another topic, discussing the origin of the phrase 'Baying for Blood'. My supposition is that it stems from Fox Hunting...and it's what the hounds do...
Anyway, walked home at 6am, slept till 2pm...
I'm off to theatre at 4 (and must collect my film from the chemist along the way);Weird Cabaret rehearsals as per usual...and then to work again. Bleh!)
Box Of Delights
Pilfered from elves_uk and czol :
(popular one, this!)
The rules: "So, say you were meeting a new person - blind date, new friend, who knows. And you wanted them to have some idea of what kind of person you are, and who you are. But you can't actually tell them in so many words. Instead, you have to give them a box, with a dozen things in it for them to ponder over. What would you put in the box? No cheating - you're not allowed to include things such as links to your live journal."
1. A big squashy over-cuddled Snoopy
2. A pair of fangs and a bottle of fake blood
3. Copy of 'Wuthering Heights' (the book...nothing to do with Kate Bush)
4. Box of black hairdye
5. Video of Edward Scissorhands
6. Various art materials...crushed up bits of chalk/squeezed out paint tubes...and some pictures.
7. Feathers on a leather headband
8. John Donne's 'A Valediction Forbidding Mourning'
9. Book of Snoopy comic strips
10. Videotape of Weird Cabaret show/last years panto
11. The Damned - Phantasmagoria album...or anything by Nick Cave.
12. My GBA sp with Pokemon Ruby in it (and Tetris close to hand)